Friday, August 20, 2010

The Mystery of Our Ways

Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24

Man's goings therefore being of the Lord, they must often be enveloped in mystery. We go out in the morning not understanding our way; not knowing what an hour may bring forth. Some turn, connected with our happiness or misery for life, meets us before night. Joseph in taking a simple walk to search for his brothers, never anticipated a 20-year separation from his father.

And what ought these cross ways or dark ways teach us? Not constant, trembling anxiety, but daily dependence.

I will bring the blind by a way they know not: I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them (Isaiah 42:16).

I dare trust
thy wisdom
thy goodness
thy tenderness
thy faithful care.
Lead me
uphold me
forsake me not.

No comments:

Post a Comment