Monday, August 24, 2009

Defeating Anger - Hurt

Anger caused by frustration, hurt, or fear.

Defeating Hurt:
A Surrendered Heart
I Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts..."
Am I responding to hurt independently of God? in rebellion to God?
Am I responding to hurt with a clenched fist? or a surrendered heart?

An Anchored Hope
I Peter 3:15 "...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear..."
Our hope must be anchored in God only. Anything that we turn to for comfort instead of God becomes an idol.
Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
Am I responding to hurt with a hope anchored in God alone, or with an unstable substitute?

A Good Conscience
I Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
Am I responding to hurt in a way that produces a good conscience? Does my response cause others to be ashamed to falsely accuse me?

No comments:

Post a Comment