Friday, June 4, 2010

God's Hidden Treasure



He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Proverbs 2:7-8

LAYETH UP means "hides, treasures, stores up"


The same Hebrew word is used when Jocabed hid baby Moses...
And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. Exodus 2:2


... and when Rahab hid the spies...
And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were. Joshua 2:4


... and when God protected David from Saul...
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. Psalm 27:5


... and in David's epic psalm in the very heart of the Bible...
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:11


... and at the mouth of Solomon's fountain of wisdom...
Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction. Proverbs 10:14


God's treasure is the wisdom that He has hidden, treasured, and stored up for those who trust in His Son for salvation.  May the Holy Spirit guide us into all truth as we glean God's wisdom from the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment