Friday, September 4, 2009

Personality of the Clay - Dust, Dead, Helpless

Excerpts from J Vernon McGee

For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. Psalm 103:14

God remembers that we are dust, but man sometimes forgets, it, and he gets stuck on himself. And when dust gets stuck on itself, it's mud.

I look at the clay on that wheel down at the potter's house. That clay has no wish; it has no rights; it has no inherent ability. It is helpless, and it is hopeless.

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Ephesians 2:1

We were dead in trespasses and isn, without strength. God is the Potter with the power.

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. Romans 9:15-16

When Moses pleaded with God, God siad to him, "Moses, I'm going to hear you, but I'm not going to hear you because you are Moses; I am going to hear you because I extend mercy." That's the reason God heard him.

God is not obligated to save any man. God is free to act as He wishes. He is righteous, and He is holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment